Our nonprofit Friends of the Isanti Area Library group helped to establish and continues to support Isanti’s ECRL Library Outreach Site, which is located in the Isanti City Hall, as our local access to high quality public educational resources for everyone. The Librarian is there to serve you on Wednesdays from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. with books, movies, and audio books. Ask about Children’s Story Time and other special events planned for this season.
We are an all-volunteer group, and we sincerely appreciate your donations of time, books and other items, and, of course, money. All donations we receive and fundraiser proceeds are used for projects promoting the Isanti Outreach Library and encouraging literacy and learning in the community. Some other things we do are:
- Contribute funds toward Continuing Education for our Outreach Librarians and toward various educational community programs.
- Maintain a computer and printer at the Outreach Library for guests to use, with a volunteer always available to help when needed.
- Actively “recycle” donated books and audiobooks back into our community all year long plus an Annual Used Book* Sale in February, which is I Love To Read month.
- Continue to give out Free Book coupons to both children and adults to encourage reading and to promote use of the Outreach Library.
- Create a float and participate in the Isanti Rodeo Jubilee Days Parade every year to raise awareness of our Outreach Library Site.
- Read to children (of any age) at various public events throughout the year to promote literacy and encourage use of the Outreach Library.
The Friends of the Isanti Area Library group greatly appreciates volunteers to help with events, and we are actively seeking new members. Interested adults are always welcome to attend our monthly Planning meetings, held the third Monday of each month. Contact Susi McCune for more information